Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day EIGHTEEN!


Today is Monday and another day at the In-home Daycare. Seeing all these kids has been really good therapy for me. It makes me appreciate the fact that I am NOT a mother! Just kidding, moms! Your kids are AWESOME! *said with fingers and toes crossed* LMBO! ;) Seriously, each child is unique and keeps me entertained! I was helping Ethan with his homework after school and he was having a difficult time concentrating, so I decided to videotape him. As soon as he saw me recording, he started doing his Math homework and acting like he had been doing it all along! That was too funny! As the afternoon came to a close and all kids were picked up, the BBQ began. Jenn decided to have Jr. BBQ for the Spurs Game. The Spurs played against the Phoenix Suns. My friend Daryl came over and we were playing with Ethan and Espen for a bit. The boys had a wrestling match. Ethan was 'John Cena from the Valley' and Espen was 'Benny the Jet Wodriguez (Rodriguez)' The winner was obviously the older and much heavier John Cena but I winked at Ethan as I PROCLAIMED Espen aka 'Benny the Jet WWWWodriguez' the winner! Ethan understood and said he knew he REALLY was the winner! *wink wink* ;) We made some little bunnies, puppies and Mexican food for Daryl from Play-Doh. The boys had fun messing with Daryl. Well, I 'egged' them on and told them to say certain things to him! lol! I made some Pollo con Arroz, Tortillas and Orchata from Play-Doh for Daryl. IF he ever travels to the Valley, he will get a taste of REAL Mexican Food. The food was excellent! Jr. made some Chicken, Sausage and Pork Ribs. Jenn made DELICIOUS rice and Dill Potato Salad. I called it her 'white woman' Salad (No offense to my Anglo friends). It was actually delicious! Thanks Misty for being fresh Dill from work! I actually only watched the game up to half time since Daryl left then. My allergy medication kicked in and I was OUT!!!!! Overall, another quiet day in San Antonio. Kids, friends/family, BBQ and the Spurs playing!!! What else could one ask for? Good times in San Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment