Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day FOUR of Change=Comittment *6-1-10*


I was reminded of my nephew Ethan's 'out of the blue' quote while I was in San Antonio. He came up to me and said, 'Duh duh (that's what he calls me because when he was learning to speak he couldn't say SANDRA) when you die, I will NEVER forget you! You will always be in my heart!' Then he pounded on his chest over his heart. I know he got that from me because I always tell him I love him with all of my heart and I pound on my chest for emphasis. At first, I was happy thinking he truly loved me... which I know he does. It got me to thinking though. At the rate I am going and the lifestyle I've been living, he might have to say good-bye to his Duh Duh way too SOON! That is why I have posted a pic of my Ethan. It will remind me that he is looking for me to be here, to watch him grow up and be a good man. As I continue on to Day 4, I feel myself getting stronger and my body remembers the exercise I was so diligent at. Today I had Special K Cereal for breakfast. I did the Leslie Sansone 'Walk away the Pounds at Home' Video. She teaches me to walk a mile in a very unique way. I have to walk in place, do kicks, do sidesteps, do knee lifts, arm lifts and not only walk forward a few paces but also walk backwards a few paces. I think that is why my buttocks have been sore! ;) I like the variety she offers as I need to lose weight EVERYWHERE! As I build up endurance, I will switch to the 2 mile Video and upward. For now I am doing her 1 mile video at least once a day and sometimes twice a day! It feels good to be trying and striving to become healthier! I know I will lose weight very quickly as I have SOOOO much to lose! I had a decent lunch and cutting down on dinner! I had hoped to eliminate dinner, but my nutritionist said it's not a good idea. Maybe I can have Special K Cereal for dinner too! One step at a time, but I am very proud of myself! My attitude is changing from 'I don't care what goes into my body to I want to be healthy and live a longer life!!!' Thus ends day 4 of my personal journey to a healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment