Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day TWO!


Saturday morning dawned with heavy rains! The grounds were saturated with the continual rain. Sleeping in was great since we expected to wake up early for baseball games. Yet, I was a little saddened since I wanted to see Ethan and Espen play baseball. I knew Espen would be a great player as I have been 'clocked' many times in the face by his fast ball. We finally taught him he had to say 'catch' before he threw the ball yet I would hear, 'Duh Duh, CATCH!' A half second later I would hear a fast whoosh and then the ball would clock me in the face! His huge brown eyes would look at me quizzically as if to ask why I didn't catch it if he yelled for me to catch! Aaay those big brown eyes! I call him my 'Big brown eyed soon to be a heartbreaker boy!' ;)How could one yell at such innocence? Instead, I would yell in pain and go grab some ice to prevent swelling! ;) Being back at Jen's house, I easily fell into my Saturday morning ritual from when I lived with her. I made potato and egg tacos for whomever was awake and settled in to catch up on Facebook and watch some TV. Jen is a GREAT cook but I would usually make potato and egg tacos on Saturday mornings so she could sleep in a bit since she gets up at the crack of dawn during the week. Since it was raining again, we hung out at home all afternoon and I unpacked ALL of the clothes I had brought for a two-week stay! We planned to go to the Enchilada Warehouse for a comedy show Saturday night. Jen, Al and I went to Mr. Roy Lopez Jr's 23rd Annual 29th Birthday Party. There was quite a line-up! There was Cleto Rodriguez from 'The Cleto Rodriguez Show' on Time Warner Cable, Channel 988? in San Antonio. We had the Comedic Duo Regin and Larry from 'Barbacoa and Big Red.' There were a few movie actors also. The line up was funny and I had a great time! I posted some pictures on Facebook. I sat at the self-imposed VIP table since I had called Mr. Lopez and asked him to reserve a table... and he didn't.... he did last time! ;) I got to meet Mr. Lopez's mom and had the pleasure of having her sit with me as we laughed while they were roasting her son! After the great comedy show, we went to eat at IHOP! Overall, my second day in San Antonio was great and I am HAPPY that I was able to attend Roy's birthday party! ;) HAPPY to be in San Antonio! Tomorrow we are going to the Doggie Park and Ethan will be having a baseball game! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment