Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day SIX!




My sister Monica woke me up today to let me know a non-profit Christian organization was looking for Summer help, working with children. There was a possibility of it becoming permanent work. My heart leapt in joy! I have always dreamed of working for a non profit Christiam organization, ESPECIALLY with children. I pray to God that the door opens WIDE if it's His will! If not, He will prepare a path to where I should be! I truly believe that! I met up with Janie and Danette from the Rio Grande Valley. They went to High School with me and are now living here in San Antonio. I hadn't seen them since High School but we recently started keeping in touch thru Facebook. My Jenn came with the other Jen, who is now my new friend and D joined us also. Janie brought her cutie patootie son, Zac who was a very good boy and was kept occupied with some technical gadget or another! ;) We had a pleasant dinner at my favorite Chacho's on Perrin Beitel and caught up on where everyone from high school was. I had a couple of frozen drinks. Just so that people know (not that I need to explain myself), I am a SOCIAL drinker! I do not go around drinking day in and day out! At times, I can go for months without drinking! As long as I am not creating a spectacle of myself and getting 'stinking drunk' then I see nothing wrong with having a few drinks every now and then! ANYWAYS, now that that is said and done.... I truly enjoyed myself with my friends. Chacho's is a GREAT place to hang out and have fun! I even took pictures of the 'balloon guys'! I missed seeing Richard the Artist who does face painting on the weekends. He is the one who painted the butterfly fairy on my face for 'writing and research' purposes as I explained to him! ;) He was so sweet that time! He was like, 'You go girl! Whatever you want!' He did a GREAT job! ;) Of course we had to take pictures! That's why some of you have dubbed me, 'Ms Paparrazi!' ;)If the door is opened for me to move back to San Antonio in the near future, Danette and Janie will be visited very often! ;) Some of us hung around and watched the Karaoke singers. Some people have a REAL talent and SOME people need to KEEP their day job! ;) The 'Cha Cha Slide' was going on as I snapped some pictures of the crowd. This was an excellent day! I missed seeing Santiago tonight as he had to work! He is another HHS alumni of the class of 1990. All in all, my sixth day in San Antonio was FANTABULOUS and Cinderella was home by midnight on a week night! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment