Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day THIRTEEN!


Today is Wednesday and the count down has begun until I go back home to the Valley on Sunday. Still feeling the sore throat, headache and a little congestion. Didn't do anything in particular today. I helped wash the lunch dishes for my friend Jenn's In-Home Daycare. I've done her dishes before, but today I reflected on how hard it is to wash the Sippie/Toddler cups. Every single cup or glass has a lid, attachment, straw, gadget, gizmo or chingadera like I mentioned on my Facebook status. Before you can wash them, you have to take them apart and then the hard part is to put them back together! For those who do NOT know, you can TELL I am NOT a mother! I am a mother in my heart having miscarried five babies, but actual day to day living from birth to adult hood has yet to be experienced! Which brings to mind the time Ethan was a baby. I was making mijo a bottle and dumped the contents of the measured baby formula into it. I fed him the bottle and was content that I had done a great job. Jenn came home and was washing the dishes when she noticed the bottle I had made for Ethan. She asked me what measured container I had poured into the bottle. Ummmmmm, it turned out to be the cereal one. All I gave him was cereal water, and no formula! No wonder the formula wasn't mixing well! Jenn forgave me and allowed me to keep caring for Ethan! ;) Poor baby! He turned out just fine! He's seven now! ;) Should be going out for a bit tonight. Will be back to update the blog! Ended up going to dinner at Cici's with Bettina and her family. I met Bettina when I moved to San Antonio two years ago. My friend Daryl picked me up and we headed to Cici's near 1604 and Shaenefield. Isaiah and Bella ran to me and hugged me tight. Isaiah remembered Daryl and said hello. Daryl was the one who got Isaiah to shoot me with a dart gun one time. They laughed as I yelped in pain! ;) Then the little Princess, my baby Iris ran to me! She hugged me, kissed me and laid her head on my shoulder! She is just too adorable! Bettina, Javier and Iris traveled from San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley for Josiah's funeral. It was an honor they did that for me and baby Josiah. Iris was exactly who I needed to see when I was grieving. Her hugs and kisses made the grief subside, even for just a moment! It was a nice dinner. It was Bettina, Javier, Javier Jr, Isaiah, Bella, Iris, Bettina's mom Mari, her step dad Dennis, Daryl and myself. Iris kept coming up to me and showing me her Dinosaur toys. I was trying to get her to pose for pictures and she would squeeze her eyes shut! I did get one good picture of her with her eyes open! It was awesome to see Bettina and the family again! Iris is just toooo adorable! It was a grand evening! Like Daryl said, Good kids and Good people! I told him that's what life is all about! AMEN and good night! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment