Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day EIGHT!




Today is Friday! Yeah! We went to dinner at Bud Jones and it was yummy! Today is Al's (Jenn's man, I call him Jr.) 35th birthday! His family joined us at Bud Jones. We had a nice time, talking about the Fiesta Night Parade on Saturday. Then Espen and Grandpa spilled a glass of tea! Espen said it was Grandpa and Grandpa said it was Espen! All I can say is there were NO cell phones and such in the way! That was a GREAT thing! After we got the table cleaned up we all enjoyed our various meals. I personally think Espen's Grandpa was the one who spilled the tea, because Espen is a good kid! ;) (said tongue in cheek!) He is as rambunctious as any three year old can be! ;) Since Grandpa probably won't read this blog, we'll all just say Grandpa did it! ;) As a matter of fact, I am SURE Espen won't read this blog either, because he is THREE! ;) So all in all, the birthday dinner was a success. Oh, besides the fact that Lauren told Jenn she had a spider on her blouse and Jenn started screaming so I started screaming! Then the spider slipped into Jenn's blouse and I was yelling, 'Turn around, take your blouse off and get it out!' Needless to say Jenn slapped me on the arm because Jr's family was there including his mom and dad. Yes, the same dad who SPILLEd the tea and blamed it on Espen! ;) I was just trying to help, I wasn't trying to get her to FLASH the family for Jr's birthday! ;) Or was I? *insert evil laugh here* Lol! Just kidding! I love the Castillo family! No disrespect intended, just trying to be funny! After dinner was over and the family said good-bye, we headed home. I immediately jumped into my pajamas and fell asleep. I had a headache and was a little tired. Jenn told me we were going to Simply Simon's for Kurrrokie (Karaoke) and Margaritas. I've been to Simply Simon's before, it's a family-oriented Pizzeria. We arrived to Simply Simon's and the Spurs game was on! We ordered some margaritas and my 'new' friend, Jen joined us. The 'Hot & Sexy' Ev brought the birthday boy Al aka Jr. a bucket of beer. Jenn, Jen and I ATTEMPTED to sing the song, 'What a man!' All I wanted to sing was, .....' I want to have your baby!' Does it say that in that song? lol! ;) We were messing up the song and Hot and Sexy Ev jumped in and tried to help us sing it. We wound up singing 'I kissed a girl!' That was fun! In the meantime, we were ROOTING for the Spurs while new Jen was being a hater. She was rooting for the OTHER team! ;) Some girl sang a song in Spanish, and I had to 'REP' my Valley roots.... so as soon as the song started and BEFORE she began singing, I did the GRITO!!! It was a GREAT grito!!! It felt soooo good! I had missed doing the GRITO!! Where was my Mari & Andy? They help me do the Grito! Jenn asked if I had to do that and Jr laughed and said I was DYING to do it and had been holding it in for a WEEK! ;) I like Jr's response better! ;) Jenn sang 'When you say nothing at all' and Jr sang, 'Rehab!' We had a great time, laughing and singing! They brought Jr a BIG slice of chocolate cake and we all sang Happy Birthday! The best part of the evening was that........ the Spurs WON, new Jen! ;) Ha ha! ;) Gooooooooooooo Spurs! Overall, it was a GRAND evening! I missed hanging out with the San Antonio crowd! :( Just as the evening was coming to a close, the storms seemed to be rolling in and the trees were SWAYING out in the Patio! It got a little chilly! We came home and went straight to bed, safe and sound! Thank God. Had a fun time on my EIGHTth day in San Antonio! Happy Birthday, Al aka Jr! You are awesome! A great daddy! Hope you have MANY more birthdays! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment