Monday, April 26, 2010

Sandralee's Adventures in San Antonio, Day ELEVEN!




Today is MONDAY!!! Ugggghhhhhhh! Everybody has to go back to their daily routine and the kids have to wake up early! My friend Don, whom I have known for over TEN years picked me up around 10:30 am to go out and about in San Antonio. We ran a couple of errands, including dropping his dog Bender off at the Groomer's. We then had lunch at 'The Panda Restaurant' The food was delicious, but as always one gets full way too fast! We enjoyed a leisurely lunch as the movie was not until 2:30 pm or so. Don and I met at the TSTC dorms and have a LONG history! There are stories that we BOTH can tell on each other that are better left UNSAID! That is all I can say about that unless I want Don to kill me! ;) Those were some crazy times! I had just gotten divorced and was a Domestic Violence Survivor and not coping very well at all. I am glad we still keep in contact and get together every once in a while. We had vowed to marry each other after 5 years if we each hadn't met anybody, but I think we would KILL each other! We are both toooo stubborn and set in our ways! lol! So, as my dear friend he shall remain! ;) Living with him day in and day out would certainly be an ADVENTURE to say the least! ;) After we had lunch and we had a couple to three hours to kill before Bender had to be picked up we set out to the movies. Over all, Don CAN be a gentleman! He paid for my lunch and the movies. He also let me choose the movie we were to see. I chose to watch 'The Back-up Plan' with Jennifer Lopez. Oh my goodness, did Don make me want to CHOKE him! He started complaining right off the bat that this movie was boring and then he pretended to snore. After he PRETENDED to snore, he actually fell asleep and started snoring! I punched him HARD in the arm like TEN times and he yelled at me to stop hitting him!! That's the OLD Don I remember! SHEESHKABOB! lol! ;) So, I left him alone and IGNORED the snoring whether it be FAKE or REAL!! The movie was good, but not EXCELLENT! It lacked some 'sparkle' it fell a tad bit flat! It had some funny scenes, but over all I would wait to see it at the Dollar Movies if you haven't seen it! I love J-Lo as an actress, ever since she played SELENA!!! It's just that the movie didn't seem to 'flow' right..... I started feeling VERY ill at the restaurant, so I asked Don if he would take me back to Jenn's after the movie. My throat started hurting and felt very sore, my eye balls were burning and I had some congestion along with a tummy ache. I don't know if he had anything else planned, but I was SERIOUSLY not feeling well. I got back to Jenn's and hugged Don good-bye. I immediately got into my pajamas and after telling Daryl about the movie, I fell asleep. I woke up around 7 pm or so and spoke to my mother on the phone. She advised me there had been an earthquake in Corpus Christi (or near it). I immediately thought about my ex-husband and although I wished him dead many times before, I was genuinely concerned. I wanted to call his mother since I STILL remember her home phone number, even though we have been divorced for ELEVEN years. Some things, you just don't forget! Yet, I REFUSE to go into details about THAT!!! I didn't call because I did NOT want to open up a can of worms, so to speak. Plus, one of the articles I read said it was outside CC and there was no reported casualties or serious damage. I pray they are fine, but in my PAST is where that WHOLE family belongs! This heart of mine can be RETARDED at times, STILL feeling concern for a man that abused me and caused me SOOOO much heartache and grief! Sometimes I wish that I could be a super mean ugly person (which I have been when I was dealing with the divorce and losing my four babies) that didn't LOVE as much as I do. Everyone tells me I view the world thru rose-colored glasses! All I can say is that is how GOD made me! I LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE!!!! I have caught up on all of my blogs now and the entire family is asleep, so I am going to 'follow suit' and go to bed myself! The count down has begun! I will be going home this Sunday!!! Over all, I still feel ill but I had a great day with my friend, Don. I have NO plans tomorrow and I think I will keep it that way! I hope to get better and not worse! :( Good night all, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment